Pestonics Services provides out of the box cost effective and healthy Termite Control in Delhi NCR and suburbs. Termites cause fatal damages to buildings, crops or plantation forests structures and growth. Termites have colonies with millions of individual members together. Avoiding these attacks may put you in big trouble.
- The termites are also called as White ants. These are social insects living in a colony comprising Queen, king, workers and soldiers. The colonies of subterranean termites are located in soil.
- Their basic food being anything containing cellulose, in search of food they gain entry into the buildings.
- Each termite colony has millions of individual members. The tiny cream-colored worker termites invade buildings and cause damage to structure often long before they are discovered.
- They consume and damage all types of wood, paper, hardboards, books, clothes etc. In search of food they also damage leather, rubber, electrical wire coatings, nylon, neoprene, thermocol practically everything man cherish to own.
- They enter the buildings through foundation, expansion joints, lift wells, utility ducting such as electrical, telephone cables or tunneling through cracks in the walls.
They also construct mud tubes for their movement, which is a first sign of presence of termites. They have ability to travel long distances in search of food.
- Swarmers: Presence of swarmer on the window sills, indoor lights detects the activity of these termites. Swarmers, if found outside the premise is a natural phenomenon occurred, however it should not be taken for granted as it could lead to severe damage if in nearby areas.
- Wings: Swarmer discards their wings. These discarded wings also indicate future problems.
- Rotten/ Damaged Wood - Hollow, damaged and rotten wood clues for the presence of termites that can be seen easily on trees and edges of furniture. If a wood gives a thudding sound when hit, should examine for termites treatment. Presence of soil mounds nearby also explains presence of termites and should be treated.
- Proper Cleaning of the premise and nearby areas.
- Remove all old wooden chunks, debris, clothes, papers etc.
- Get your premise an anti-termite treatment pre/ post construction without forgetting.
- Keep all wooden items away from soil's contact mainly.
- Go for routine checkup of the premise by professional and experienced termite Control Company to avoid backing of pests again.
Indicators of Termite Infestation
A subterranean termite infestation is usually recognized by the following 2 major indicators.
However, the galleries can be detected by tapping the wood every few inches with the handle of a screwdriver. The damaged wood sounds hollow and the screwdriver may even break through the wood into the galleries. If the galleries are active the worker termites will be observed inside.
Post Construction Anti Termite Treatment
- Existing furniture shall be shifted and kept at a distance of 2 ft. from the wall to facilitate the drilling treatment.
- Electricity & water to be provided to carry out the treatment.
- Details of electric & telephone cables, water lines, conduits or any other service lines concealed in floor/ wall should be informed so as to avoid any chances of damage during drilling operations. Pestonics Services shall not be held responsible in any inadvertent damage caused to the above due to non-availability of the details.
- A representative from your end should be present during shifting or removing of your property, as our technicians have instructions not to handle owner property.
- During the course of our treatment there will be some noise of drilling and slight odour of the chemical. Infants, aged or any person having breathing problems or sensitive to chemicals should avoid being present in the premises during the treatment.
- Human being and pets should avoid contact of treated surface until surfaces are dry. Prevention is better than cure Preventive measures for termite control is essential for any premises, whether it is existing structure, under construction or under renovation. Termite infestations remain undetected until it is too late.
Pre-construction Termite Treatment
As per the Indian standard 6313 specification pre-construction termite treatment consists of four stages